Mother/Daughter Potters

We are a mother and daughter blog team. I am Gayle Hanby from Lady Lake FL. My daughter is Tara Hanby from Eugene OR

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Latest portal piece

Here's my latest portal piece in progress.  I see it as a beach house on stilts.  I plan to use aglaze called "sea salt" on the body of it and possibly add some turqouise glass at the base of the house to look like water.  Often, by the time the piece dries and gets bisque-fired I come up with a totally different glaze scheme!  We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. i love it! Especially the baby house on the lid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is super, can't wait to see it glazed. I like the texture across the piece like the wind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linda. I like the idea of the wind!

    ReplyDelete