Mother/Daughter Potters

We are a mother and daughter blog team. I am Gayle Hanby from Lady Lake FL. My daughter is Tara Hanby from Eugene OR

Saturday, November 17, 2012

GLAZE DAY

Today was a glazing day.  I glazed two large pieces and some smaller ones.  I'll do some more glazing tomorrow and fire on Monday or Tuesday.  I am a little concerned about my beach house portal because the lid is a separate piece which I am attempting to glaze fuse to the body of the piece.  I realize that there is potential for the lid to shift during the firing and fuse crookedly but I am willing to take the risk.  Fingers crossed!  If it does shift I have plans to do something creative with it.

2 comments:

  1. Cool piece; I've tried to glaze fuse pieces before and they have fallen off, but with a lid it looks like it might stay. If you left the lid unfused could a candle not be put inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! I thought about glazing the lid separate but decided that I want it to be all one piece. It's set into the bottom piece and won't fall off, but could shift.

    ReplyDelete